Markus,

Here are the Return Codes from the ClamAV Documentation.

George

>From http://www.clamav.net/doc/0.88.4/man/clamdscan.1

.SH "RETURN CODES"
.LP
0 : No virus found.
.TP
1 : Virus(es) found.
.TP
2 : An error occured.

>From http://www.clamav.net/doc/0.88.4/man/clamscan.1

.SH "RETURN CODES"
.LP
Note: some return codes may only appear in a one file mode (clamscan is
started with file argument). Those are marked with \fB(ofm)\fR.

0 : No virus found.
.TP
1 : Virus(es) found.
.TP
40: Unknown option passed.
.TP
50: Database initialization error.
.TP
52: Not supported file type.
.TP
53: Can't open directory.
.TP
54: Can't open file. (ofm)
.TP
55: Error reading file. (ofm)
.TP
56: Can't stat input file / directory.
.TP
57: Can't get absolute path name of current working directory.
.TP
58: I/O error, please check your file system.
.TP
59: Can't get information about current user from /etc/passwd.
.TP
60: Can't get information about user 'clamav' (default name) from
/etc/passwd.
.TP
61: Can't fork.
.TP
62: Can't initialize logger.
.TP
63: Can't create temporary files/directories (check permissions).
.TP
64: Can't write to temporary directory (please specify another one).
.TP
70: Can't allocate and clear memory (calloc).
.TP
71: Can't allocate memory (malloc).