I'll try to be more specific.

What I have in my virus.cfg file is essentially what has been posted here on
the list by several different people as the accepted info to put in the file.

SCANFILE1 C:\clamav-devel\thirdparty\runclamscan\runclamscan.exe log=2
C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamdscan.exe --quiet -l report.txt
VIRUSCODE1 1
REPORT1 FOUND

So I should be able to type the following at a command prompt and have it work:

C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamdscan.exe --quiet -l report.txt 123456789.eml

It used to work, but now it doesn't.  It generates the lstat error.  After some
experimentation, I found that typing the following does work:

C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamdscan.exe --quiet -l C:\temp\report.txt
C:\temp\123456789.eml

and so does this:

C:\clamav-devel\bin\clamdscan.exe --quiet -l report.txt C:\temp\123456789.eml

In setting virus.cfg to DEBUG, it shows Declude creating the long pathname.
But since it deletes the report.txt file, I can't see what is being generated.
When I reprocess the new RAR file worm, the Declude log lines show ClamAV
giving a return code of zero.  When I do it from the command prompt, ClamAV
says Email.Phishing.RB-686 FOUND.

When I test another message that is an image spam that is picked up by the
Sanesecurity phishing files, Declude finds it with ClamAV, and ClamAV finds it
using the command prompt.

So maybe this problem and the lstat error are unrelated.