Hi everyone. I wanted to make you all aware of a possible issue that you may be
having. There is a rash of spam that has been going around for the past 3 days.
The spam has malformed headers which are causing Declude to crash repeatedly.

We were able to find where it was crashing Declude. If you are experiencing
this issue you need to go to your global.cfg file and comment out your
FILTER-SCAM and FILTER-SPAM lines then restart your decludeproc service. This
will stop the crashing.

There is a line in those filters which is causing Declude to crash when it sees
the malformed headers. We have identified which line it is and we are working
on figuring out why it causes Declude to crash. In the mean time, commenting
out those 2 filters will work to stop the crashes.

Also, remember to check your review folder under your proc directory for any
mail that was placed there yesterday and today. If you find mail there, you can
move it to your proc directory after you comment out the filters and declude
will process it normally. If you have a large amount of mail in review, I
suggest that you move it in smaller batches at a time so Declude can handle it
more efficiently.

If you have any questions, please post them to this list. I will be checking my
mail all day. Thank you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me
either by email or call Toll free 1-866-332-5833 Ext.2

Linda Pagillo
Technical Support Engineer | Declude

Your Email Security is our business

Direct: 978-225-8347