Hi,

For the past few days, I'm seeing AVG suddenly reporting a virus "SPAM":

Virus Scanner Summary Report (Integrated AVG Scanner)

Total Messages Processed: 19,499
Virus Infected Messages: 232
Percentage Infected: 1.19%

VIRUS

# INFECTED

PERCENTAGE

SPAM

232

1.19%

resulting in these SMTP headers:

and these reports:

q061a000274936c02.smd AVG Reports VIRUS: Spam

q061a000274936c02.smd File(s) are INFECTED [Spam: 7]

q061a000274936c02.smd Scanned: CONTAINS A VIRUS [MIME: 1 424]

q061a000274936c02.smd From: bloodiest...@rcbassociats.com To:
elopre...@??????????? [incoming from 41.218.0.202]

q061a000274936c02.smd Subject: Please attention!

This causes a whole bunch of problems, e.g.

a)      I am unable to 'weigh' this "Spam" with other factors BEFORE it gets
blocked.

b)      It bypasses the "WhiteList" feature (from the user's Webmail
Contacts)

c)       It's treated like a "Virus", hundreds of the configured virus
notices are being emailed, etc.

While I'm certainly in favor of any additional SPAM detection - but then it
needs to be PROPERLY IMPLEMENTED as part of Declude JunkMail not just
"dumped" into the regular virus handling!

If AVG reports to Declude the virus name "Spam", then Declude MUST recognize
that and NOT treat it like a virus (or at least give us a config option NOT
to.)

Best Regards,

Andy