Alex Oentoro wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> right now, I'm still rather confused about ODBC and ADO.
> Some people said that nowadays, ADO connection have good performance,
> compared to the other database connection, while ODBC is said to be
> slower that ADO.
>
> But when we use ADO, we must provide a DSN. And in my opinion, DSN is
> similar to any ODBC connection.
>
> is there anyone have good explanation about this ?

ODBC offers the maximum portability for applications.  That's assuming
you want to eventually port to other OSes (e.g. Linux or Mac).  ADO ties
you to Windows.  Supposedly ADO is easier to use, but I've got ODBC
wrappers that hide the ugly side of ODBC quite nicely so the difference
(from my perspective) is one of portability, not performance or ease-of-use.

Just a thought.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

Safe C++ Design Principles (First Edition)
Learn how to write memory leak-free, secure,
portable, and user-friendly software.

Learn more and view a sample chapter:
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/SafeCPPDesign/