Alfred,

Here is a grab from some of the code I use. I typed most in manually
so it might not compile as-is (uses clause might need refining). Note
that with the About Box service you can't free the bitmap otherwise
the bitmap is lost but with the splash screen it doesn't matter.

I've actually got an OTAPI wizard pack that has a heap of templates
for creating OTAPI's but I just haven't got round to polishing them
up. Perhaps by next christmas!

If you need further help I'll be back online later and will post my
template (it is currently on a PC that isn't on at the moment).

cheers,
Jeremy

-------------------->

unit SomeUnitName;

uses
  ToolsAPI, Windows, Graphics;

type
  TQualityCentral = class
    class procedure InstallSplash;
  end;

procedure Register;

implementation

procedure Register;
begin
  TQualityCentral.InstallSplash;
end;

const
  SPLASHBITMAP = 'QCSPLASHSCREEN';

procedure TQualityCentral.InstallSplash;
var
  lBitmap: Graphics.TBitmap;
begin
  if SplashScreenServices = nil then
    exit;
  lBitmap := Graphics.TBitmap.Create;
  try
    lBitmap.LoadFromResourceName(hInstance, SPLASHBITMAP);
    SplashScreenServices.AddPluginBitmap(ADDIN_TITLE, lBitmap.Handle);
  finally
    lBitmap.Free;
  end;
end;