.net is strange, the promise of language agnosticism and the emphasis
for C# seems odd.
Strangely the VB is declining in favorer of C#.

for some reson I still miss the Delphi syntax, I was never much of
C/C++/Java type fan but it was for the creator of Delphi that I moved
to C#. As much as I think I am doing ok with C#, I think I'd be doing
better .net with a pascal based syntax.

Who knows maybe Anders Hejlsberg would do a Delphi.net were it would
be coevolving with C# and VB , rather than being one step behind.

Word of warning, The Data/Object Model of (classic) Delphi was far
easier to learn and use than the .net one.

Regards

Arjang