Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 7:36 AM
Subject: [DUG] Firbird from Delphi

HI all.
Like Robert I have been looking at Firbird.
I have found a couple of tools to increase my Database port time, and now have all my database converted over etc.

But now comes the point where I want to start to use the db in Delphi.
There was some discussion and I think someone said, as di Rob, that IBObjects looks good.

What about the Interbase controls that are in Delphi 7?
I have used these to connect to the DB already, so are they ok?
They dont need the BDE installed too do they?
How do they perform?

Cheers,

Jeremy Coulter