Hi

I am working with an ODBC based crystal report.  At runtime I want to be able to change the DB the report is looking at (without having multiple DSN's defined).  The crystal Help suggests this is possible using the .connect properties however they seem to be ignored when I set them.

var
    cr      : TCrpe;
    cnt     : Integer;
begin
    cr := TCrpe.Create(Self);
    try
        cr.ReportName := 'C:\a.rpt';
        cr.Connect.Clear;
        cr.Connect.DatabaseName := '<CRWDC>DSQ=' + Edit1.Text;
        cr.Connect.Propagate := True;
        cr.Show;

        while (cr.ReportWindowHandle <> 0) do begin
            Application.ProcessMessages;
        end;
    finally
        cr.Free;
    end;

I have also tried 'Database' instead of 'DSQ' as suggested in the help but to no avail.  I am using Crystal 8.5 and the  Firebird ODBC driver.  Any suggestions?

Rob Martin
Software Engineer

phone 03 377 0495
fax 03 377 0496