From: Matt Comb
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [DUG] email, fax and text

Thanks, yer I think this basically means that it has gone from your phone to vodaphone, but you have no guarantee (although most likely) that it has gone on to the other person. I remember a company that transported people from auckland to the Mt, and they used to have a head office that would sms the driver. They would do door to door, but they had to also phone up after the sms because some times the sms would either arrive late because he was out of coverage or not at all on rare occasions. This meant that the customer was left standing at the door.

There is a NZ crowd that run an sms server as such, I can't remember their name, but because they programmed the mechanism, they are able to report when the message has gone on to be received by the end person in the chain. In cases like the above, you would be able to realise that there has been a delay so therefore try to contact either him in another way or the customer.

Thanks for the link,

Matt.