Hi Paul

I thought that all the Database connection components included with delphi were license free and only the license issue relates to the database you are connecting to, i.e SQL server $per connection, MSDE free but restriced to 5, Firebird Free etc.

Disclaimer...
Not that we actually use these these compontents :)

Rob Martin
Software Engineer

phone +64 03 377 0495
fax   +64 03 377 0496
web www.chreos.com

Wild Software Ltd

Paul A Norman wrote:

I didn't see this appear so I am reposting it:

Can any one please tell me (apart from the BDE stuff) which of the DB
components can be used in Delphi 2005  without the end user client
requiring to buy another site license or whatever.

I went into one of those round in circle things you go into in your
head when you read the license files . . . like MS ones that say
someting then say it may or may not apply in that or some other form
depending on many things ,,,