Hi,

I'm trying to get DenyHosts 2.4 running on my system. I am running Python2.4. I have configured everything correctly (I believe), however when I try to load DenyHosts via daemon-control I receive a series of trackback messages and then "DenyHosts exited abnormally". I tried version DH2.3 and experienced the same problem. The log file doesn't appear to have any blatant errors in it. The stout that I receive is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/denyhosts.py", line 164, in ?
    first_time, noemail, daemon)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/DenyHosts/deny_hosts.py", line 82, in __init__
    offset = self.process_log(logfile, last_offset)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/DenyHosts/deny_hosts.py", line 423, in process_log
    login_attempt.add(user, host, success, invalid)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/DenyHosts/loginattempt.py", line 106, in add
    elif user in __restricted:
NameError: global name '_LoginAttempt__restricted' is not defined

DenyHosts exited abnormally

I didn't see this error in the mailing list, or in my web searches. Any ideas on what I should change to resolve this? Thank you.
--
William Curley IV
[EMAIL PROTECTED]