"Lance J. Andersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The better approach is to get rid of the scripts and replace them with
> ant based startup scripts as it is more portable, especially windows.
>
> I would not expect sh to work against a ksh script across the board
> myself anyways.

Sure, but frameworks/readme.html explicitly says

  The bin subdirectory in frameworks/embedded contains scripts for
  running some of the Derby tools in an embedded environment. For
  working in an embedded environment, put the frameworks/embedded/bin
  subdirectory first in your path.

I followed the instructions and tried to run 'ij.ksh'. I got the
following error:

/tmp/kh160127/tar/db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin/frameworks/embedded/bin/ij.ksh:
CLASSPATH=/tmp/kh160127/tar/db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin/lib/derby.jar:/tmp/kh160127/tar/db-derby-10.1.2.1-bin/lib/derbytools.jar::
 is not an identifier

IMHO making the ksh scripts more portable, without breaking them on
ksh, is a good thing. Not that I use the scripts, but maybe some of
our users will.

--
Knut Anders