On 4/15/2014 10:05 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
Hi,

I've continued struggling mightily with the maven deploy step, but Rick
has promised that he'll take a look tomorrow, so I'm forging on with the
other remaining steps, which includes the release announcement.

Please let me know if you have any feedback to the text I'll want to
send out soon, unless someone spots something amiss:

Thanks
Myrna

This is the text I plan to send out:
The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce maintenance release
10.10.2.0. This is a bug fix release following the 10.10.1.1 release.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.10.2.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Please consider upgrading earlier 10.10 releases to this.

This looks great, Myrna. I would just suggest changing "this" in the last sentence to "this maintenance release" for clarity (and consistency with the 10.8.3.0 announcement).

Thanks again for all your hard work on this release.

Kim