Hi Dan,

I don't have any strong religion about the class hierarchy here. It is conceivable that there might be some special logic, useful only to language tests, which we might want to put in LangSuite. That's really my only reason for making BooleanTest extend LangSuite. However, there is no such logic right now and I don't have any candidate logic in mind. If it's confusing Eclipse, I'm happy to make BooleanTest extend DerbyJUnitTest directly. If, someday, we need a place to hang language-specific test code, then we can revisit this issue.

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

Rick Hillegas wrote:

I've clipped to jira 499 a patch enabling the BOOLEAN datatype.

Could you explain the type hierarchy of the LangSuite and BooleanTest?

LangSuite extends DerbyJUnitTest, but it's not a test it's a suite, is
this a requirement of Junit?

BooleanTest extends LangSuite, but it's not a suite, it's a test. Why
not just extend DerbyJUnitTest?

In Eclipse I get red errors saying the hierarchy of these two classes is
inconsistent, whatever that means. It does look wrong to me though.

Dan