On 4/9/17 11:36 PM, Muneer Kolarkunnu wrote:

Hi Rick,

This change is introduced from build 163 onwards, based on the task : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176836: Provide Taglet with context.

You can see more details in the task.

EA API documentation http://download.java.net/java/jdk9/docs/api/overview-summary.htmldoesn’t include some of the modules(including Taglet.java). We are working on that.

For time being you can get the API doc from the change set of this particular task: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/langtools/rev/5d030fd9de7a

Thanks, Muneer. That patch description made it clear that the toString() overload change is just a revised signature for an existing method. After adjusting the corresponding declarations in our Taglet implementations, Derby compiles cleanly with build 164 of JDK 9.

Thanks again,
-Rick

Regards,

Muneer

*From:*Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hille...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Saturday, April 08, 2017 8:33 AM
*To:* Rory O'Donnell; derby-dev@db.apache.org
*Cc:* Dalibor Topic; Balchandra Vaidya; Muneer Kolarkunnu
*Subject:* Re: JDK 9 Developer Preview is now available on java.net

Thanks, Rory. When I try to compile Derby with build 164 of JDK 9, I get the following error on our Taglet implementations:

YaddaYaddaYadda is not abstract and does not override abstract method toString(List<? extends DocTree>,Element) in Taglet

It appears that build 164 introduces another overload of toString(). I can't find javadoc for the new Taglet interface when I google around. I would appreciate a pointer to the javadoc for this new method and any other advice about how implementors should handle this one.