Hi Craig,

My snapshot instructions directed me to bump the last digit of the release identifier to distinguish this increment from the previous snapshot. That earlier snapshot was called 10.2.0.0. The zip names were invented by the "snapshot" target of our release scripts and mimic the same conventions as the March snapshot.

I believe that 10.1.2.1 is the latest official release and the next official release will be 10.1.3.x. At least the date on 10.1.2.1 looks right to me: the community hasn't vetted a release since last fall. I too am puzzled by 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3. Perhaps these are patch distributions, cut off the living, growing end of the 10.1 branch and given to targetted customers. Can anyone else shed light on this?

Regards,
-Rick

Craig L Russell wrote:

Hi Rick,

One question: Why is the snapshot called 10.2.0.1 and not just 10.2? It sounds from the name like this is the first patch after the release of 10.2. I must be missing something.

I was expecting the file to be called db-derby- snapshot-10.2-409481.zip not db-derby-snapshot-10.2.0.1-409481.zip.

I also see on the snapshots page that:

Latest Official Release
10.1.2.1 (Nov 18, 2005 / SVN 330608)

but later on in the same page it appears that 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3 were released already.

Thanks,

Craig