Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the quick response. I have revised the release note. Hopefully, it now describes the VM-specific issues better.

Regards,
-Rick

Bryan Pendleton wrote:

Rick Hillegas (JIRA) wrote:

Adding a release note for this issue:

Hi Rick, thanks for writing the release note.

It wasn't clear to me from reading the release note whether this issue
only affects JDK 1.6 environments, or whether it can arise under older
VMs as well.

If it only affects JDK 1.6 environments, perhaps we could change the
release note to read:

  If an embedded Derby application runs in a JDK 1.6/JDBC4 environment,
  and generates its own Derby properties on the fly, and...

thanks,

bryan