Thanks, Jean. The Edition line turns up in the visible text which appears in the printed document. That makes me think that it applies to something that the customer, the reader, cares about. I don't think the reader is particularly concerned about our transition to dita. If that is what Edition is supposed to capture, perhaps the Edition lines should be moved to a comments section so that they will not be visible/confusing to customers.

Regards,
-Rick

Jean T. Anderson wrote:

Rick Hillegas (JIRA) wrote:
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1271?page=all ]

Rick Hillegas updated DERBY-1271:

Attaching derby-1271_copyrights.diff. This adjusts dates in the visible
copyright notices in the user guides. Touches the following files:

The update of the copyright line looks fine to me, but I'm not so sure
about the change of the "Second Edition (July 2005)" line to "Third
Edition (July 2006)".

I don't know the "Edition" history -- suspect it maps to the conversion
of the source docs to DITA. Does anyone know for sure?

-jean