I just went through the lists of "Open issues with no Component" and "Resolved Issues with no Component" linked from http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJiraReports. For most of these, I hazarded a guess about the correct component. However, a few still puzzle me:

625, 1480 - These appear to be JVM/JIT issues. We don't have a component for these.

86 - This has to do with changing Cloudscape references to say Derby instead.

I would appreciate the community's advice:

1) Should we create a new component for JVM/JIT issues?

2) What should we do with issue 86? Does this deserve a new component? Should we create a catch-all Miscellaneous component for these outliers?