[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: djd
Date: Wed Jul 19 17:20:05 2006
New Revision: 423676

Log:
Mark test jdbc4/TestQueryObject as failing with the SecurityManager due to
DERBY-1540
Remove disablein of SecurityManager for derbynet/testProtocol as it passes with
the SecurityManager.

FYI: the test only passes with SecurityManager when running with classpath from classes directory. The classes directory got the permissions to open a socket, derbyTesting.jar does not have permission to create a new Socket. This causes nightly regression - DERBY-1545.

I think this is just another example that we should discourage the use of classes directory for testing - there are too many regressions caused by doing it, and besides, no user of Derby ever uses the classes directory, so what are we really testing ?

I would actually propose to remove all permissions set in derby_testing.policy to the classes directory, so that tests will fail when using it.

Regards

Andreas