Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

Rick Hillegas wrote:

Thanks, Kathey. I think this does capture what I mean. I think this is
your proposal:

Priority - Means "severity" according to the JIRA definitions.

Urgency - Has the common-sense meaning of priority, not to be confused
with the JIRA sense.

For current 10.2 issues:

Priority==Blocker => Urgency=Blocker
Priority==Critical => Urgency=Urgent
Priority==Major => Urgency=Normal
Priority==Minor => Urgency=Low
Priority==Trivial => Urgency=Low

That confuses me, you say urgency is not to be confused with the Jira
priority sense and then you equate the two??

Dan.

I'm simply trying to clarify the transition from the current scheme to Kathey's preferred scheme. Someone has to fill in the value of Urgency for pre-existing issues. I'm asking whether this is the algorithm for determining Urgency values for 10.2 issues which have already been logged.

Regards,