Not a partial feature, but I'm working on DERBY-1517 and I will need to do a lot of testing - It is a fix that needs to get in so that DRDA Strong Password Substitute Authentication (USRSSBPWD) security mechanism can be re-enabled as a second best default when EUSRIDPWD cannot be used (i.e. JVM not supporting 256-bit DH keys when a 10.2 client interacts with a pre-10.2 server (USRSSBPWD not supported).

--francois