Mayuresh Nirhali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Knut,
>
> Thanks for the review and trying out my changes.
>
> Could you tell me with what memory size did you run the repros ??
> I see the OOME for -Xmx16m and do not see it for 64m.

You're right. I used 64 MB, and it did fail eventually.

However, I had the repro for DERBY-1142 (with rs.close() removed)
running for more than four hours with 16 MB heap, and I didn't get any
out of memory error.

> My impression is
> that there is still some leak happening, though I agree that this is
> an edge case.

It could be that DERBY-418 has more leaks than DERBY-1142. Since 1142
has a simpler repro, it could be a good idea to focus on that one
first.

One more comment to your changes:

Since it might be perfectly legitimate to have more than 20 open
activations, and since there might be a delay between the result set
becoming unreachable and it being finalized, the activations vector
may be scanned in vain. I think the other solution Dan suggested
(setting a flag in GenericLanguageConnectionContext from
BaseActivation.markUnused()) is better, since the vector is only
scanned when there is an unused activation.

Knut Anders