Hi,

I was trying to create and submit a patch for Derby but I'm having a
hard time using subversion.

In the directory where I checked out subversion, I did the following:

1. svn update
2. svn diff > DerbyPatch.patch

Once I have the patch file, I checked out a fresh copy and tried to
apply the patch using the patch utility.

However, I get an error saying patch cannot find a file, which the file exists.

The exact message is like:

Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/services/monitor/BaseMonitor.java
|===================================================================
|--- java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/services/monitor/BaseMonitor.java
(revision 473517)
|+++ java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/services/monitor/BaseMonitor.java
(working copy)
File to patch:

(waits for input)

Am I missing something? Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Best Regards,
Sanket Sharma