From: Bergquist, Brett
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 12:44 PM
To: Bergquist, Brett; derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Code loaded through SQL.INSTALL_JAR does not have access to derby API
code.  Is this expected?

I found some information.  I found that if I include my JAR file containing my
Restricted Table code in the classpath before starting the network server, then
the code can load correctly and it has access to the
"org.apache.derby.vti.RestrictedVTI" class and others.  If however the code is
loaded through the SQLJ.INSTALL_JAR procedure, then the code does not have
access to the "org.apache.derby.vti.RestrticedVTI" class or others.

Is this expected?  I really would like to be able to install my table function
code to be in the database and not have to manipulate the classpath.  No where
in the documentation does it say that this cannot be done, but it does not work.

Should I write up an issue in JIRA?