On 12/28/2011 4:08 PM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:

I am pursuing a bug where when the Network Client receives a Lock Timeout exception in

                if (agent_.loggingEnabled()) {

                    agent_.logWriter_.traceEntry(this, "executeUpdate");

                }

This code fails with an error indicating that there is no current connection. It is as if something has closed the connection in between. I want to enable as much tracing as I can so that maybe I can find this thing. I am not sure if it is a problem on the server end of the DRDA connection or the client side.

Hi Brett,

Given DERBY-5553,  I think your options would be to
1) Enable tracing on the ClientConnectionPoolDataSource orClientXADataSource with:
ds.setConnectionAttributes("traceDirectory=./traceDir");

2) Fix DERBY-5553 and use the system property at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UndocumentedDerbyBehavior