I can't seem to get temporary tables to work for my application. As
a sanity check, i started ij and issued the following commands:

  ij> declare global temporary table t1 (n varchar(100), u varchar(15), x float)
  not logged;
  0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
  ij> insert into session.t1 values('Hazelden, D.P.E.','DPEH',null);
  1 row inserted/updated/deleted
  ij> select * from session.t1;
                      |U              |X

  0 rows selected
  ij> insert into session.t1 values('O''Reilly, A.','AO''R',null);
  1 row inserted/updated/deleted
  ij> select * from session.t1;
                      |U              |X

  0 rows selected

In my application, I find that sometimes one of the inserts "succeeds"
in that data ends up in the table. Other times, not. No exceptions are
thrown to indicate an error (which according to TFM will delete all rows
in the table). Using ij, it's more consistent (it just never works AFAICT)
but although the insertions seem to be successful ("1 row inserted" and
suchlike), the table is still empty.

The version I'm using is from incubating-derby-snapshot-10.0-165169.zip,
FWIW.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something completely crass? Advice please!

 John English              | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk