Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I have an update statement which i execute over a table in my database.
now when i execute the update statement from my application (even after i exit the method that update the table)
i can not use select statement over the same table.

here is my update statement:

String sql = "insert into FILTERED_BANNER(BANNERBANNERID, WEBSITESWEBSITEID) values ("+extractBannerID("Test")+","+ getDropDown1().getSelected().toString()+")" ;
      st.executeUpdate(sql)
     con.commit();
     con.close();

st and con are defined in constructor , connection is not auto commit. , and con come from a datasource.

here is the derby message after execution of select statement :

select * from FILTERED_BANNER;

and derby says :
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: A lock could not be obtained within the time requested