yves pielusenet wrote:

Here is two screenshoots of jmp (Java Memory Profiler). My application
create 10 derby database (2 by 2).
So before when I didn't shutdown database (look at the Heap size  =
63.5MB) : http://narma.free.fr/depot/sansShutdown.png

And now when I shutdown databases (I draw red arrow each times 2
databases are shutdown (at the same time)):
http://narma.free.fr/depot/avecShutdown.png

It is the same application and the second screen shoot has been taken
more longer after then the first. So I save ~40M :c)

Interesting graphs... I have not used JMP before (but similar tools); so would you mind telling us what exactly the gray, pink and green colors represent in your screenshots?

I am assuming that the x-axis represents time and that the y-axis represents bytes (heap usage and/or capacity).

Also, which JVM version/vendor are you using, and which version of Derby?

--
John