Sounds like you are using an ordinary SQL92 identifier.  Convert it to a
delimited identifier by placing quotes around it and I think you'll be
ok.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 10:05 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: syntax for column names

Hi

I have a legacy DB2 table which has a special character like '#' in the
column name like ACCT#. I am using derby for in-memory unit testing.
Derby does not allow me to have a special character like '#' in the
column name in my create table statement.  Is there anyway to escape the
special character so that I can have special characters in column names.

I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
Saad Khawaja

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted
with this communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for
the use of the intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide
Financial Corporation or its affiliates and subsidiaries. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of the
information contained in or transmitted with the communication or
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in
error, please immediately return this communication to the sender and
delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.

The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Analogic
Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by sending an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - and destroy all copies of this information, including any
attachments, without reading or disclosing them.

Thank you.