Hello,

I'm struggling to write upgrade and rollback SQL for a CHAR(16) FOR BIT
DATA column.  It's currently 16-bytes long, but I'd like to migrate it to a
BLOB since I'll need to put more data in it soon.

I'm using liquibase for the migration.  Upgrading is fine, I add a new
column, and do "update <table> set newColumn = CAST(oldColumn AS BLOB)".

Rolling back is giving me problems though.
I'm trying to do "update <table> set oldColumn = CAST(newColumn AS CHAR FOR
BIT DATA)", but I keep getting the error in the subject.

The documentation I found at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/ref/rrefsqlj33562.html indicates that
casting from CHAR FOR BIT DATA to BLOB should be possible.  I'm using Derby
10.10.1.1, so I believe those are the correct docs.

Any idea what could be wrong?  For what it's worth, this test is taking
place on empty tables.

Cheers,
Derek