For some reasons I'm using derby embedded driver.
The application performs as expected unless, for debug purpose, I open the database from eclipse DatabaseDevelopment perspective. Even if i close the connection from DatabaseDevelopment and closing DatabaseDevelopment perspective too, when I connect the db from the application I get the SQLExceplion: "ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the database. The only way I found to reset this figure, is restarting eclipse. I imagine that's because DatabaseDevelopment is using a different JVM.
Is there a way to force closing the db?

Thank you.