I have a table with 80,640,704 rows.   My query currently is:

SELECT
COUNT(*) AS USE_COUNT
FROM
PKG_9145E_V1.COSEDDROPPROFILEDSCPTABLEBUNDLE_COSEDDROPPROFILEDSCPTABLEENTRY CBCE
WHERE CBCE.COSEDDROPPROFILEDSCPTABLEENTRY_ID = 768
AND CBCE.COSEDDROPPROFILEDSCPTABLEBUNDLE_ID != 2

This query is going to return a count of 78,569.

What I really want to know is if there is any row that satisfies the condition.
  I have logic that needs to run if there is such a row.   So is there a more
efficient query in Derby that will short circuit when it find a row?

Thanks

Brett

Canoga Perkins
20600 Prairie Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 718-6300

This e-mail and any attached document(s) is confidential and is intended only
for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and discard the
original message and any attachment(s).