-------- Original Message  --------
From: Heiko Tietze
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:43:32 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> we repeatedly talk about sidebars, whether it should be resizable with
> or without constraints, how to make it configurable, what features to
> add, and so on. Often we run into a fundamental discussion, which is
> an indicator for a missing concept. So the idea is to ask the users
> how they utilize the sidebar and how they want it to evolve.
>
> The proposal for this survey is available on GDoc
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ts5GlnrOGWcn7_V9naqRF-Ag9EWzFpsF6GwxH_uzzRw/edit?usp=sharing
>
> and for the FLOSS enthusiasts also on LibO pads
>
> http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/UX_Sidebar-Survey
>
> Please take a look for completeness and if the intro text makes sense.
> If there are no objections I suggest to make the decision for the post
> on Friday (and start the survey this weekend).
>
> Cheers,
> Heiko

Hi Heiko,

Nice proposal. Here are a couple of trivial grammar suggestions:

* If I understand the intention of the sentence correctly, "Simplified
spoken..." should say "In simplified terms..."

* Likewise "...to meet the concept strictly." should say "...to strictly
meet the concept."

Also, I don't understand why the first question only makes reference to
Writer & Calc. IMNSHO the survey should cover all modules where the
sidebar <rant>regression,</rant> is imposed.

For those of us that loath and detest the IBM sidebar, only marginally
less than the MSO ribbon, please add one more option, OR replace the
existing "( ) No, I tried it but prefer toolbars." option, in the first
question with:
( ) Yes, Only because I am forced to use it.

I propose this because it might give a clearer assessment of why the
options in the other questions were chosen.

Just my 2ยข worth.

Regards
Dave