As Stuart said where to place new palettes is stated in the document (this is
clearly an advanced feature).
And the chapter about changes to the workflow explains why manipulation to
factory settings of palettes is not possible anymore (basically recent colors
and user palette).

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX Designer