Just for completeness, I'm opposed to the idea of a separate palette, at least
as a quick and simple solution. We changed the color palettes recently to clean
up the various unorganized collections from the past. Users should pick the
color in 90% from a standard set and select in rare cases other palettes. For
example, when creating a document for the web it would be the html palette.
Having a standard palette for the daily work in parallel with a chart palette
requires to switch often between them. Of course it would be nice to switch the
appearance of a chart by just selecting another palette. But that requires a
lot of code changes as the chart colors are hard-coded. The only advantage of
the chart palette today is that users can find the color directly (after
switching to it). My approach was to change the hard-coded colors a bit,
similar to tdf#107731, so that we have it in the standard palette
(https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/37819/). It is also suggestion #2 in the
Bugzilla ticket.

Cheers,
Heiko