Hi Christoph, Jaron, all,

On 05-03-2011 19:45, Christoph Noack wrote:
Some weeks ago ... sorry for the long delay :-\
Well, you certainly had good reasons! I myself forgot this threat... >.<

Thank you so much, Paulo. Personally, I think the "Style 1" (upper
right) works best. The main reason is, that the shape of the document is
preserved well - although the icon is so tiny. And, the star seems to
appear quite balanced in this version.

This is my preferred version too. It is the first I did, and it makes difficult to create the other ones - so they are not that good.

I first worried about the orange color, because usually yellow is used
for indicating "new". But of course - yellow is (given the constraints)
almost invisible, so orange seems a great compromise.
Exactly. The yeallow was my first try... An unproductive try to be clear. :-(

[...]So, if somebody wants to have a look at it - I've created an example by
adding Paulo's icon to a simple status bar image:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tLL1kYfD-fNZ8d5wkSzydA?feat=directlink
Oh, it's very cool! :D Just now I'm perceiving the "document symbol" could be a bit more darker... Maybe it's just a wrong perception of mine, but it looks almost like a "disabled" item. Don't you think that? :-/

Any further thoughts? To me, it's already an improvement - so I'm happy
to export the icons and create an issue for that.
Thank you! I'm very glad to know that! :-D

By the way, I hope everybody noticed the interview with Paulo - I
discovered more or less accidentally :-)
http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/03/04/interview-with-paulo-jose-o-amaro/
It's a actual pleasure for me be in a TDF's interview! :-D. Thank you for sharing it to all.

Have a nice Sunday,
~Paulo

--
Paulo José O. Amaro