On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 10:58:30 +0200
Andre Klapper <ak...@gmx.net> wrote:

> [CC'ing gnome-i18n@]
>
> On Mon, 2018-09-10 at 11:46 -0600, Britt Yazel wrote:
> > There's been an ongoing discussion about reorganizing the "community"
> > top level group from containing both our community partner repos
> > (purism, ubuntu, fedora) as well as a myriad of other repositories.
> > As of right now, the Community top level is somewhat of a catch-all,
> > and we have proposed a fix to split Community into both 'Community'
> > and 'Teams' repositories, with the new 'Teams' top level being where
> > we will organize all of our Foundation teams, i.e. Engagement,
> > Design, Translation, Events, etc.
> [...]
> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/issues/294#note_280162
>
> Re Translation:
>
> It's unclear to me where in Gitlab people are supposed to file bug
> reports against a translation in a specific language, which would allow
> translators of a language to get aware of bugs in their translations.
>
> There is a "8. Translation" label at
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/groups/GNOME/-/labels which allows subscribing
> but does not allow differentiating per language. It should probably be
> renamed to "8. Internationalization" and only be about code which does
> not allow proper translation; the label description could link to
> https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines .
>
> Currently there is an "L10N" product in GNOME Bugzilla with
> subcomponents for each language. Each subcomponent can be watched
> separately by folks interested in that subcomponent (=language).
>
> Maybe some Gitlab setup / ideas already exists that I'm not aware of?

Can we use https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Translation and set up
translation teams as issue labels there?

Alternatively, we could make Community/Translation a group and set up
languages as individual projects within that team. That could give teams
a better control over where and how to submit issues against their language.

My 5¢.

Cheers,
pk