GNOME Git seems pretty reasonable. I'm not sure there's a large
discoverability issue with "gitg" though. It shows up when I search "git"
in GNOME Software...
I don't know if we have a policy for "gnome front-ends to existing third
party tools", but there's already a small precedence with
https://github.com/vinszent/gnome-twitch#-gnome-twitch

(Too bad https://github.com/bahmutov/ggit is a thing.)