On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 16:32, <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:

> We have a rule though: the account types exposed in
> gnome-online-accounts must be used by at least one core application.
> It's a good rule because it doesn't make sense to have settings in
> control-center for apps that aren't installed by default. So unless we
> reverse course and add gnome-documents back to core, the documents
> account configuration settings should move from control-center to
> gnome-documents itself.

So you're asking that an application with known resource problems
re-implements functionality that was offloaded to a GNOME component in the
first place. This work, by the way, may or may not be dropped in case we
change our minds, and find a use case for Documents to be in the core apps
in the future.

At this point it would be much more honest to come forward and say: "GNOME
Documents is no more. If you want to work on it, fork it and call it
whatever".

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--