On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 6:18 AM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:46 pm, Jordan Petridis via desktop-devel-list
> <desktop-devel-list@gnome.org> wrote:
> > No there isn't, it was working properly when it was first rolled out.
> > I've started seen this issue today and looks like it only affecting
> > some runners, so I am guessing something got updated or new runners
> > where added. Bart is on vacation till Monday so let's poke av I guess.
>
> Hi sysadmins,
>
> Please revert the runner changes until you have time to fix this. Our
> CI has been basically unusable all week and that blocks flatpak pushes.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do with this? I followed Sam's
helpful hint about Tracker's CI images working to [1], copied the things
that looked like they might be relevant from there into my own gitlab-ci
file [2], at first got some errors that I knew basically how to deal with,
but now I am stuck at a bunch of error messages that look to me like
gibberish but end with "operation not permitted" [3]. I have little
knowledge of this problem space so I don't even know where to start to
debug this. Is this the same privileges problem as "bwrap: Creating new
namespace failed" described earlier in the thread, or is it something
different?

Also, has anyone successfully gotten a CI job that uses lsan or asan to
work in the unprivileged setup? (See my previous question about
CAP_SYS_PTRACE.)

[1]
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker-oci-images/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml
[2]