On Wed, Sep 1 2021 at 11:00:08 PM +0000, Release Team <nore...@gnome.org> wrote:
Hello all,

We would like to inform you about the following:
* GNOME 41.rc newstable tarballs due
* Hard Code Freeze

Tarballs are due on 2021-09-04 before 23:59 UTC for the GNOME 41.rc
newstable release, which will be delivered next week.

Hi all,

We're experimenting with two weeks of hard freeze this cycle. The problem was it takes us a week to build the rc release, so by the time we have it ready and users are able to start testing it, the .0 stable tarballs were already due, leaving users basically no time to test the rc. Distros suffered a less-severe version of the same problem: very little time to build and test before it's too late.

We'll see how it goes. Feedback welcome!

Michael