ons 2022-06-22 klockan 13:13 +0200 skrev Milan Crha via desktop-devel-
list:
>         Hello,
> just a quick heads-up, the evolution-data-server development version
> is
> libsoup3 now; it will be the 3.45.1 release. The port depends on
> libsoup3 change [1], which improves libsoup3 use in multi-threaded
> applications.
>
> Most people are probably aware, all apps using the evolution-data-
> server directly or indirectly need to use libsoup3 as well, the same
> their dependencies, because libsoup2 and libsoup3 cannot be loaded
> into
> the same process at the same time (doing so aborts the application
> with
> an appropriate message).
>
> One thing, the libgdata has a pending merge request for the port to
> the
> libsoup3, but it needs more testing and such.
> Use -DENABLE_GOOGLE=OFF CMake option until it's sorted out. The
> option
> disables the Google tasks support only. I may extract necessary bits
> out of the libgdata to not depend on libgdata at all, but no promises
> whether I'll make it on time for the 3.45.1. See [2] for some
> insights.
>
> Of course, Evolution itself and evolution-ews will be ported to the
> libsoup3 at the same time.

Hi!

Maps still depends on libsoup 2 (we get this dependency via
libchamplain, and it is unlikly to get ported…)

Problem is we haven't yet declared libshumate as "1.0" stable, and
there's probably a couple of things to iron out before porting Maps
itself to it (and GTK 4), and this is a pretty big undertaking, and I'm
a bit concerned about being able to pull it off this late in the cycle.

One option I think is to drop the contact address lookup in Maps (we
use e-d-s via libfolks to match searches on contacts who have
addresses).

Not sure if this is used that much, and it's probably less use now
since 42 when Contacts has a button to launch Maps with a search query
based on the address for contacts who have an address set.

//Marcus