** Changed in: bamf

** Changed in: unity

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  No launcher icon or Alt+Tab entry for Gimp windows

Status in BAMF Application Matching Framework:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in “bamf” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “bamf” source package in Precise:
  Fix Committed
Status in “unity” source package in Precise:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hello,

  today I came across a weird bug of Unity when I tried to use Gimp.

  Here is how I can reproduce it on a clean guest session:
  - Start Gimp. It will show a launcher icon as expected.
  - Close Gimp.
  - Start Gimp again.

  Result: The Gimp-icon appears in the launcher for a short time and
  then vanishes even though Gimp is still running of course (see also
  attached screenshot)! Also Gimp windows are not listed in the window
  switcher (Alt+Tab).

  I have found no way so far to make the launcher show a Gimp icon as
  usual. This bug was not present in Oneric's version of Unity. Unity-2D
  seems to be not affected.

  Kind regards,
  Jan

  Package: unity 5.12-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  CheckboxSubmission: b37fefbc97df4ba6a5f7edd504648fe4
  CheckboxSystem: 4ed15c40009aa6f7770f606350a390a2
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'