** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 978401
   Some applications stop being listed after being pinned,unpinned in the
Launcher
   sometimes icons get dropped from the launcher when they should not

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  can't find apps after minimizing them

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  After I unlocked some applications from the launcher (Google Chrome,
  LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Impress, etc), the icons of some of
  them e.g Google Chrome and LibreOffice Writer don't show on the
  launcher, even after I run them (e.g from dash). So, when I minimize
  them I can't find them to restore their windows because their icons
  aren't on the launcher, so I lose them. I can only get back to them
  with Super+W. That happened with most of the applications I unlocked,
  but not all (e.g not with LibreOffice Impress).

  Package: unity 5.12-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic-pae 3.2.14
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]
  Date: Fri May 18 05:01:21 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)