[Expired for network-manager (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  NM fails to configure ADSL; pppoeconf works

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hello Ubuntu team,

  I've been informed that the LTS version 10.04 is a bug in the graphics
  settings for ADSL. When I try to connect through this mode, the system
  displays an error and the connection is not established. Alternatively
  I am using "pppeoconf" via terminal to connect me to the internet.
  This option works perfectly in version 9.04, but from the 9:10 did not
  work anymore and this bug remains since then.

  How can I make the following connection mode work?

  Configure ADSL in graphical mode:

  1. Click the "right" mouse button on the network icon near the clock,
  go to "Edit connections" or System -> Preferences -> Network
  Configuration (Internet Config).

  2. Click on the DSL> Add, now select the "System Configuration", and
  if you want to auto-connect, also check "Connect automatically".

  3. Username - Enter in the e-mail from your broadband provider.
  4. Service - Put the name of your carrier (velox, speed etc) or any other
name.
  5. Password - The password for your ISP broadband.
  OK, ask if the root password, type it and press OK again.

  To connect, just click on the Network icon with the "left" mouse
  button and click on the name of your connection set up, or reboot the
  system to auto-connect.