this is a great resource, thank you!  it is good to see some foundational
material already in existence, people recognizing at least on an initial
level that the default guest session is not sufficient.

would another bug report be appropriate for organizing sane guest session
defaults to be included in Ubuntu for users without the time or ability to
manually customize their guest sessions to behave well?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson
<ubu...@gunnar.cc>wrote:

> @ethanay
> Sounds like you would be interested in checking out
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CustomizeGuestSession
> That tutorial addresses some of the things you mention.
>
> I have played with the thought of modifying the lightdm package, making
> some customization ideas the default for the guest session feature.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/951000
>
> Title:
>   disable guest session screen lock using gsettings
>
> Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
>   Triaged
>
> Bug description:
>   bug # 275768 seems to be back in precise. My guest session is locking,
>   when there is no password to unlock.
>
>   I switched to the guest session from my admin account.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.