Effected after 12.10 upgrade ..

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  Status is set to offline

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  I've got Ubuntu 12.10 with Empathy 3.5.92.

  Every time I start Empathy my jabber accounts report "needs authorization"
(vk.com) or "status is set to offline" (gmail.com).
  And this is random: sometimes one of them can connect from the first try. But
the google account usually reports the error.

  After some time they automatically reconnect and work well. But that may take
several minutes to get them working.
  Pressing the "reconnect" button doesn't help.

  I've set up the accounts via the standard Ubuntu Online Accounts
  manager.

  There is no "debug" menu item so I don't know how do I provide any
  logs or see what's the problem.

  BTW, my Sametime account requires some magic all the time: looks like
  it doesn't store the password. Currently, I have it enabled, but don't
  see any groups or contacts in Empathy. It complained at first about
  authorization but then just silently dropped trying the account. And
  there is no button to force reconnect.