Maybe I should provide a patch instead of a branch.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-media in Ubuntu.

  Can't record a second sound clip

Status in GNOME Media Utilities:
  Unknown
Status in “gnome-media” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-media

  I was trying to record various drum machine samples, but whenever I
  try to record a second sample, the first one plays again.  To get
  around this, I have to restart Sound Recorder.

  The name of the window updates (Untitled-N+1) but it just replays the
  first recording.

  Ubuntu Jaunty: 9.04
  gnome-media:
    Installed: 2.26.0-0ubuntu3
    Candidate: 2.26.0-0ubuntu3
    Version table:
   *** 2.26.0-0ubuntu3 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-sound-recorder
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Package: gnome-media 2.26.0-0ubuntu3
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8